Where Do You Get Guidance for Locating Senior Housing for Your Loved One?
Housing Options for Seniors was started by Karen Owen-Lee, “The Senior Expert,” known for her step by step book, The Caring Code: What Boomers Need to Know About Seniors. In her thirty year career, she has noticed how confused adult children were when their loved love was faced with a crisis. Her passion has always been to help seniors in any way possible to keep them happy when they are dealing with the loss of a spouse or their own independence. She and her mother traveled internationally to observe the latest trends for seniors. Her mother had the insight to start a referral agency and, with time, it was founded in Denver.
Are your aging parents not able to live safely at home alone anymore? Are you at your “wits end” trying to find a suitable housing for your loved one?
Housing Options for Seniors, Inc. is a senior housing referral service which is FREE! Owner, Karen Owen-Lee, matches your specific needs with appropriate housing, whether it is assisted living, active, independent living, retirement, Alzheimer’s, dementia care (memory care units), complementary, personal care homes/board and care homes or any of the 400 senior housing communities in the Denver Metro area.
Karen MUST be the first person to contact ALL communities to qualify for this free program.
Advantages to a free consultation with Karen:
- Complimentary consultation with senior, individual member or group
- Discussion to ascertain health and mental concerns
- Focused on your specific individual needs
- Bringing people and information together
- To determine ambiance and activities offered
- Housing options made easy, including learning about: Active Independent Living, Continuum of Care, Retirement Communities, Assisted Living and Memory Care
- Navigate you through the process quickly and safely
- Furnishes premier elder housing placement
- Complimentary housing referral service for those 55 and older
- Monthly financial income and assets
- Size of community
- Focused on your specific individual needs
- Provides seamless transition
Karen’s professional follow up:
- Research 3-5 location that meets the determined criteria
- Call for price, availability, community fee and reputation
- Relay the information back to the family
- The clients will decide the next steps to take
- Visiting selected properties
- “The Expert” will guide you through the building along with the sales staff to answer all of your questions and fears
- Karen professionally directs industry questions about staffing ratios, drug, department, safety evacuations, etc.
- Privately discuss impressions and concerns
- Karen can provide you with the questions to be asked on tours she is not present for
- Again, Karen MUST set up all appoints in order to be reimbursed for her time
- Suggestions on contract negotiations to be discussed in private before meeting with the sales staff
- Consult with Karen via phone or email
- Choose one community to tour with Karen
- Weigh pro and cons
- Obtain a couple of “Questions to During Tours”
- Select 2-3 more homes to visit and Karen MUST set-up the appointment
- Make your choice before a crisis occurs
- Negotiate the contract; Karen will give you tips or attend the signing
- Receive a copy of “Things to Bring When Moving”
- Discuss recommended movers, estate sale companies, haulers, packers
- Contact Karen if conditions change and a higher level of care is needed
Compare Housing Options for Seniors to Other Companies:
- National companies like A Place for Mom work from a database, but may not be located in Denver
- They have not visited the Denver communities
- A list with your name and phone number will be sent to 5-10 locations; the sales director from each community will call you to visit
- Housing Options for Seniors is a local company
- All communities with properties will go through Karen
- Local tours are available
- Knowledge of 400 Denver area communities
Housing Options for Seniors Compensation:
- Many clients will inquire, “How does the company get reimbursed?”
- Simply, when a private paying senior takes possession of an apartment, the Housing Options for Seniors is paid 1/2 of the base rate for the room after 30 days.
- Karen MUST be the first person to contact ALL communities in order to receive commission
- Due to the Federal Kickback Law (42U.S. Code 1320a-7b), Housing Options for Senior may not compensate for a Medicaid or Medicare client (the penalty is 5 years in jail and $25,000). All elders supported by a government program are encouraged to contact the Sate Ombudsman for housing services
Compare Local vs. National Senior Housing Referral Agencies:
Karen takes the stress and confusion out of your search at no cost to you. The service includes a personal tour of a community, contract negotiation and professional advice from a Gerontologist with thirty of experience in the Denver Area. Her fees are paid by the community that you pick, your monthly rate is the same if you would go to a location on your own; however, negotiation of the contract is included in Housing Options for Seniors service. Karen prides herself in providing solutions to the older adult’s housing needs and concerns.
The Next Step….
Call Housing Options for Seniors Today!
Let us help you find a place to call home!
Serving the Denver Metro Area and surrounding communities, including: Arvada, Aurora, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Englewood, Evergreen, Golden, Highlands Ranch, Lakewood, Littleton, Parker, Morrison, Northglenn, Thornton, Westminster and